Monday, March 22, 2010

Man Card, Distressed



I made this card for a few challenges. The Just Buggin Challenge was to do a masculine card and Stamp Something's challenge was to distress something.
This was the first time I distressed the edges of the paper with scissors. I looked at all my local craft stores and couldn't find a distress tool. But it worked well with scissors, then I inked the edges with distress ink. I need to get more confident with distressing. I'm afraid of ruining the card.
I used Life's a Beach for the lighthouse, and wild card for the grasses and cat tails. I ripped the paper for the sand and water. I punched a 1" circle for the sun and inked it. I stitched around the perimeter and tied on some raffia. I sponged the background paper with blue ink. I tried to make a sunset with ink but it didn't work. All in all, I like how it turned out! I will write, you're my beacon or you light up my life on the inside and give to my husband for our anniversary. :)

5 comments:

  1. I love this card! The background is awesome!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Cricutters Anonymous!
    Lynne CA DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so fun! I love the lighthouse and the layers make so much dimension! Beautiful card! Thanks for sharing at Stamp Something!

    Janna :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This turned out so gorgeous! I love the whole scenic look it has! Thanks for joining us at Cricutters Anonymous (formerly Just Buggin)!

    Kandi CA DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful card! I love the tall grass and the sun...stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card! Love the scene you created! Thanks for joining in with us at Stamp Something this week, hope to see you back again. :)

    ReplyDelete