Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Penny Black-Betsy Bluebell


Hi Bloggers! Today I'm sharing a card that I made for my "Card Club". I belong to a club with a bunch of lovely ladies in central Connecticut. Our LSS started it but they are closing up shop so we are continuing it on our own.
Last Sunday we had a challenge to use the colors shown here (an older ColourQ Challenge) and a sketch challenge, origin unknown. I chose to use this Betsy Bluebell set from Penny Black. I colored her up with copics to match the colors but I forgot to use copic quality paper so the blending is not the best. I added some clouds from a TSG set.
After trimming a 5.25" square card base to size I added a mat and some 1" strips of Echo park paper. I stitched around the perimeter and inside square, added a ribbon and twine bow, some dew drops and a sentiment. I plan to give this to my Physical Therapist who has been helping me heal my ankle.

Below is a photo of the cards the other ladies in the group made.



Thanks for visiting today! Kim :)

Penny Black Challenge-Anything Goes
ABC Challenge-N for not just one (embellies, use 3 or more) I used dew drops, ribbon, Twine,button

6 comments:

  1. So cute! Love the colors and layout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is adorable and fabulous too.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun to have a group of ladies to get crafty with. Your card is so cute. She looks like a great gardener. :-) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ever so cute, Kim! Really love your quilt-pieced frame, and that image is perfectly colored and absolutely darling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet card - love your colouring!
    Thanks for playing at the Penny Black Saturday Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete