Sunday, January 12, 2014

Flourishes FTTC


Hi Friends, today I'm sharing a card I made for the  Flourishes FTTC 253  challenge which is a shaped card challenge. They will be choosing multiple winners for the January release so play along if you can!

I chose a circle shape and followed the Mojo Monday 326 sketch. I used Basic Grey patterned paper, Plumeria and Flourishes Roses are Red stamp set. For the sentiment I used Flourishes Tag Lines. The circle shapes are Spellbinder dies, the largest one I had but it's still a small card.

Funny story, while making this card I was wondering what would I use it for. Since it's small, I figured I'd use it with a gift or something. Also while making it I was admiring the "for your hospitality" stamp included in the set and thinking I would rarely if ever have a use for it.
Low and behold, our hot water heater broke and we had to go over to my daughter's house to use their shower. Yay! I was able to stamp "for your hospitality" inside and leave it on the shelf in Jessica's bathroom to thank her. Just a fun little thing to do with a card I wasn't sure I'd use.

I'm also linking this up to The Pink Elephant 232 Thank you challenge this week.
Sweet Stampin challenge blog Girly but no pink
Papertake Weekly Anything Goes

Thanks for visiting! Kim


8 comments:

  1. OMGosh, so sorry about your broken water heater, but I'm sure your daughter appreciated this beautiful card! :) Thanks so much for playing along with us in the Timeless Tuesday Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Between you and Katie Sims I am going to have to break down and buy some of these lovely stamps. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely thank you card, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim, you colored this image beautifully! I love hearing how you ended up able to use the hospitality senti after all! :) Isn't it funny how things work out sometimes? I am so glad you could play along with us this week at Flourishes for our Timeless Tuesday "Get in Shape" challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a stunning card Kim! I love the colouring on your flowers - they just pop off your card front. Thanks for playing along with our shaped card challenge for Timeless Tuesday at Flourishes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing your lovely creation at Sweet Stampin' . Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Kim! I love those flowers - colored beautifully! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week - hope to see you again for our next challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! That card looks amazing, Kim! Just like all of your other cards, it doesn't look like it was homemade at all. I love your creativity and imagination. Also, pretty good timing on the part regarding the water heater. At least you got to use the stamp. Hahaha! Anyway, I hope the water heater has been fixed by now. All the best to you! :)

    Dennis Cannon @ Laird & Son

    ReplyDelete