Saturday, March 28, 2015

Spring cards

Hi Peeps, Still nothing like spring in my neck of the woods but we are wishing! I made a couple springy cards. The first one uses the Freshly Made Sketch 179 and some Paper Smooches stamps called A Magical Spring.

My Mojo has been hiding lately and making me not want to post cards. I make them but don't post half of them. I guess I'll have to get over that! I still enjoy making cards. (So much pressure I put on myself!)

Following the sketch I made a focal panel with some Lil Inkers stitched rectangle dies, a MS grass punch, the bunny and bird stamped on patterned paper and a little sun from a retired TSG stamp set. A wood veneer element and enamel dots finish it off. The Paper is Amercian Crafts, can't remember the name!

Crazy4 Challenges 279 -Think Spring
Sweet Stampin -Easter
Brown Sugar Challenge-139 -Easter
Simon says Stamp Wed. Challenge -Anything goes






This one is Deconstructed Sketch 193 and Lawn Fawn stamps. I used the same paper pad as above. I made a shaker and kept it simple. This time I used Fun Foam as the base layer between the card base and patterned paper. This way looks so much better from the side than when using strips of foam tapes.

 I highly recommend doing a shaker this way. You just die cut a circle in the foam the same as the top paper. The hedgies are colored with Copics. I used Doodlebug sequins from a challenge prize and a piece of bakers twine.
Tootles!

10 comments:

  1. Well these couldn't be any cuter if they tried! Love both of these darling cards, Kim! Your bold colors and prints take these over the top! And those hedgehogs....too cute!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well these couldn't be any cuter if they tried! Love both of these darling cards, Kim! Your bold colors and prints take these over the top! And those hedgehogs....too cute!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kim! Both of these cards are absolutely wonderful!!! Love the shaker card w/the little hedgehogs and that bunny makes me giggle from the first one. Happy (almost) spring! Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely card thanks for sharing with brown sugar Rachel dt

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super card and just right for our challenge at Sweet Stampin'. Debbiex

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable cards! The paper piecing looks wonderful with those cute images. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun look - that bunny's quirky little face works just perfectly with the bright, chevron paper. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both cards are adorable. Thanks for joining us this week at Brown Sugar Challenges. Karal DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cute bunny - love the expression! Great papers too. Thank you for joining our Easter challenge over at Sweet Stampin' and I hope you will join us again soon, love Jacky x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a cute card - I love the paper piecing! Just perfect for our 'Easter' challenge this week. Thank you for sharing and joining in with the fun at Sweet Stampin’ this week and good luck. Hugs Janine xx

    ReplyDelete